License Renewal: December 31st every two years
Reporting Period: Must report by June 30th of their renewal year
CPE Documentation: Visit The Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation to submit hours, apply for a license and more.
- Self-Study: Not valid unless approved by NASBA QAS.
Credit Calculations: Half credits are allowed after the first hour. Based on 50 minutes for an hour.
- Instruction: Credit is granted for time spent teaching program and 2x the amount of time for preparation.
Hour Requirements: 80 hours every two years
- Minimum of 20 years in accounting and/or auditing
- Maximum of 20 years available for credit in the behavioral category. Courses include:
- Oral & Written Communications
- The Social Environment of Business
- Administration of an Accounting Practice
- A minimum of 4 hours of Ethics must be completed, which must be approved and administered by the Florida Board of Accountancy
- If licensee does not complete CPE requirement in a timely manner, an extension may be granted with a deadline of September 15th. In addition to the hours that should have been submitted, an additional 8 credits will be required for Accounting and Auditing. Should the licensee not complete this requirement, they are required to do another 8 credits for Accounting and Auditing in addition and will have an extension that ends on December 31st