License Renewal: June 30th every other year based on certificate # (even number = even years; odd number = odd years)
Reporting Period: July 1st to June 30th every other year based on certificate # (even number = even years; odd number = odd years)
CPE Documentation: Instructions for renewal can be found at The Kansas Board of Accountancy.
- Group Internet-Based: Programs must be doled out by sponsors that have been approved by NASBA’s National Registry, the AICPA, or a state society.
- Instruction: Maximum of 50%.
- Personal Development Courses: Maximum of 30%.
- Self-Study: Programs are required to be from sponsors approved by NASBA’s National Registry or QAS, the AICPA, or a state society.
- Instruction: Preparation + presentation = Credit. Preparation is limited to 2x presentation. Repeat instruction is only acceptable if material is altered considerably.
- Partial Credit: Half credits are admissible following the first hour.
- 1 semester hour = 15 CPE hours
- 1 quarter hour = 10 CPE hours
- Non-credit courses: 1 classroom hour = 1 qualifying hour
Hour Requirements: 80 hours (with at least 16 hours per year if a licensed municipal public accountant)
Carryover: A maximum of 20 credits are allowed to be carried over into the next reporting period in order to assist with the requirement. Excess ethics credits are permitted to be carried over, but these hours are not authorized to be used to satisfy the professional ethics requirement for any subsequent renewal period.