License Renewal: Once every two years, depending on the date of issuance
Reporting Period: Once every two years prior to license expiration date
CPE Documentation: Visit The Maryland Board of Public Accountancy to apply for an application and more.
- Instruction: Credits are limited to 45 hours and are based on contact hours of teaching for periods ending on or after May 1, 2010.
- Published Material: Limited to 10 hours for each published article, and no credit limit to the amount you can publish.
- Peer Review: Credits limited to 16 hours. Peer reviewer may allocate:
- 8 hours maximum for a report review
- 12 hours for an engagement review
- 16 hours for a system review
Credit Calculations: Measured on a 50 minute hour. Fractional hours are rounded down to nearest whole credit.
- Instruction: Three credits are granted for each hour of a first-time presentation; for repeat presentations, one hour of credit is granted for each hour of presentation.
- Partial Credit: Half credits are not accepted.
- University/College Credit:
- One semester hour equates to 15 hours of CPE
- One quarter hour equates to 10 hours of CPE
Hour Requirements: 80 hours
- Ethics Requirement: 4 hours
- New Licensees do not have this requirement
Carryover Policy: Effective as of March 30, 2015: Up to 80 credits earned in excess of requirement may be carried over in to the next period.
- Ethics credits can be carried over but cannot satisfy this requirement.
- Excess teaching credits cannot be carried over.