License Renewal: September 30th on even numbered years
Reporting Period: January 1st – December 31st every two years, ending on odd-numbered years
(Appears that you renew your license one year, then report hours the next year and that alternates)
CPE Documentation: You may renew your license at The Utah Board of Accountancy and more.
- Committee/Firm Meetings: Only portions of committee or staff meetings designed as programs of learning and comply with NASBA/AICPA CPE standards can qualify for CPE credit.
- Instructed: The maximum credit cannot exceed 50% of the CPE requirement.
- Published Materials: The maximum credit cannot exceed 25% of the CPE requirement.
- Instruction: Instructors, discussion leaders or speakers who present any learning activity or presentation for the first time should receive CPE credit for the preparation time up to two hours the number of CPE credits that a participant will be provided, in addition to the time for presentation.
- Partial Credit: Half Credits accepted after the first hour.
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
- Non-Credit Courses: Each classroom hour ATTENDED equates to one qualifying hour.
Hour Requirements: 80 hours
Excess Hours Policy:
- Up to 40 credits earned in excess can be carried over to the next two-year period.